Monday, February 22, 2010

Dinner Time

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

My wife prepared a wonderful meal for the family this evening. It is rare for everyone to enjoy the meal being served in our home (especially with a couple of picky boys). But this evening was the exception. As we sat around the table, I could not help but notice how much everyone was enjoying the food and the time together. Have you ever noticed how much fellowship and food go together? We see a picture of this in the verse above. Jesus was not just inviting the church of Laodicea to dinner but to something of much more significance, fellowship with Him. This invitation was to the church of Laodicea, not an individual. As the congregation of First Baptist, we must make sure that Jesus is not on the outside, knocking on the door. We should strive to be sure that we are fellowshiping with him continuely. This is the difference between a hot and luke warm church!

Pastor Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment