Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hurry Up and be a Godly Parent

Chasten thy son will there is still hope, and do not set your heart on his destruction. Proverbs 19:18

"Hurry up, its time to go!" It seems like as my children get older that phrase is used more and more often in my house. There is school, church, activities, and sports. We always have some where to be. In the midst of all of the busy chaos involved with our day to day to lives, our children are quickly growing up. They are forming values and developing ideas about what is right and wrong. This scripture reminds us that we must stay focused upon the task of raising our children. We have to be about the business of "bringing up our children in the fear and admonition of the Lord." Always remind yourself that raising your children is a priority that can not be put off. Instill the Bible and godliness into them now. Pray for them now. And then leave them in the hands of God. Once they are grown the opportunity to raise your child will be gone.

1 comment:

  1. This is the thing that scares me about being a mom, a parent! I hope and pray that what I do and how I teach Tyler will be enough to stay with him for the rest of his life! There are so many people that believed as young children and as they are set free into the world they no longer believe; or no longer wish to live a Christian life. I want to do the best and be the best for Tyler. I hope that I'm doing enough!

    ReplyDelete