Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Christian Spinach

The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid. Psalm 27:1

I can barely remember hiding my face into my Dad's shoulder when I was just a little kid because the movie scared me so much. No, it was not a scary movie (well at least for most people). It was the movie, Popeye the Sailor Man; and it was the first time I had ever been to the movie theatre. Everytime Popeye got in trouble, he would just open up the can of spinach, swallow it whole, and then be ready for the fight. Well, sadly to say, there is no magical can of spinach. Instead, we can get tired, exhausted, and discouraged. But as Christians we have something much better than spinach, we have the creator of the universe on our side. When you feel yourself becoming overwhelmed this week, remember that the Lord is the strength of your life. There is nothing we can not overcome when God is with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment