Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sinking in Mud

" . . . Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord.: Ephesians 2:21

One of my earliest memories in life involved my dad and I having to walk in the mud after our car broke down a little outside of Nitro, WV. I remember that the mud was very soft and thick and how my feet would sink with every step. At one specific point I pulled my foot up, but my shoe stayed behind (my dad never did notice).

Life can often be like this mud; it is sticky, messy, and complicated. It can weigh us down and bring us to the point of desperation. However, we can have a firm foundation, with Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone. Depend upon Him and never feel like your sinking again.

Pastor Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment